Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Beautiful in its season.

Today I was learning about seasons:

I have been learning about resting in the season you are in, not watching, envying and wanting other people's seasons
 I think I am in a season of restoration and building, both of which require conscious effort in terms of time and growth. I had a couple of broken relationships that needed my attention; in the past if it was broken, i simply left it alone.

He shall comfort your wastelands...

I felt Father asking me to invest in those things/people that I had given up on; so I thought, "fine, I will deal with it". It is amazing how we overestimate our role in situations. Thinking that simply because you have caught a glimpse of the plan, it is yours to run with.

I am learning; that this season will have to come to its complete end, that the end may bring out a gem. A finely finished product; refined in a fire so hot it burned away all my flaws.  This may sound like a poetic insert, but when you have gone through situations which you really would much rather not be in, so uncomfortable and painful, you will liken them to a fire.

I am learning to be gracious in and out of season; gracious in my wait. Thankful in the hope of a beautifully finished product.
He makes everything beautiful in its season...

I have probably thrown a bunch of lessons together, but i still hope you will see something to take home for your season.

Photo Credit: Edith Namuganga

No comments:

Post a Comment